Whether you are one of our freemium users or one of our largest customers, we deeply value the trust you gave us by using Hotjar and want to say “thank you” for it.
Terms of Service
- Added the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into the applicable laws governing the terms
- Added the definition of Personal Data and incorporated it into the terms in order to denote our commitment to protecting it
- Added information and a link to how users can sign a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with us if they desire or are required to do so by law
- Added greater clarity that we require our users/customers to use our service in accordance with the laws they are regulated by
- Updated the right of assignment and delegation so that our users/customers can transfer their Hotjar account to a new owner in connection with a consolidation, merger, acquisition or sale (subject to the laws governing their commitment to their users)
- Tweaked previous inconsistencies related to capitalization and grammar
- While well-intentioned, the previous version read as complicated and was occasionally confusing for many of our customers and users, since it addressed our privacy commitment to everyone (including our customers' end-users). This has now been made clearer and simpler.
- In making this change, we did not weaken our commitment to protecting the privacy and data of our customers, users, and visitors. In fact, we spelled out more clearly that any data our service captures on their behalf belongs to and is controlled by them.
- Added a reference to Hotjar’s support of Do Not Track (DNT) in addition to our Opt-Out Policy
- Outlined your rights to your data and our commitment to safeguarding your rights
- Added our commitment to notifying our customer and users of any security breach that affected their personal data within 72 hours of our awareness of such breach
- Denoted the specific articles of GDPR that relate to certain processing of data for the purposes specified
- Tweaked previous inconsistencies related to capitalization and grammar.
These changes strengthen our commitment to you and better denote that you are in control of the data captured and stored by our service.These changes also align with our commitment to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We also have the marked up versions of the Terms of Service
for individuals or organizations who prefer to see changes in this form.
Lastly, if you need or would like to sign our Data Processing Agreement that denotes how Hotjar handles the data we process on behalf of our users and customers, you can do so by visiting our Data Processing Agreement
If you have any questions or queries please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
with a detailed description of your concerns. We'll do our best to resolve such issues as soon as possible.