Surveys are the perfect tool for gathering real user feedback to validate your product assumptions. But for a while now, product teams have been telling us that they simply don’t know what questions to ask their users 🤷. So, we took your feedback onboard and built a bank of pre-populated Survey Templates to help you start capturing user feedback in minutes 😲.
Our directory includes a range of survey templates for you to choose from:
- 🔎 Product research
- 🗣️ Product feedback
- 😍 Customer satisfaction & NPS®
- 🏃 Churn & abandonment
- 🕵️ Market research
- 📈 Lead collection
- 🚦 Traffic attribution
Get started with a pre-populated survey template
If you’re already a Hotjar customer, all you need to do is open a new survey in Hotjar, click on the Browse templates button, and you’ll be brought to our directory of survey templates. From here, you can select a template you want to use, hit the Get started button, and the survey will populate in your Hotjar account—it’s that easy. 🙌 You can also click on any of the survey template links below to get started even quicker.
Survey templates are customizable, so you can tweak questions, add your own, choose between pop-up, full screen, or external link surveys, or change the color scheme to make it an on-brand experience.
With survey templates, you’ll get a ready-made survey live in your product or site in a matter of minutes, so you can start testing your hypotheses with user feedback, and build confidence in your product ideas. Get started with one of the pre-populated templates below👇👇👇.
Gather eye-opening product feedback
- Product feedback survey: This template will help you gather feedback on your product, learn how to improve and figure out what users think. It can help you determine if your features are working, if you’ve got any unforeseen bugs, and decide what to build next.
- Beta feedback survey: This template will help you gather feedback from beta users prior to launch. It can help you prioritize what to build next, discover what beta users dislike, and learn if your product is ready to launch.
- Pricing plans feedback survey: This template will help find out what buyers love & hate about your pricing plans. You’ll be able to view your plans from your buyers perspective, so you can make changes that balance customer value and business goals.
- Product market fit survey: This template will help you identify if your product has product-market fit t. You’ll learn about product adoption and differentiators to discover if you’re meeting expectations.
Razorpay used the Product Feedback survey template to improve their product design, and ultimately increase their user experience satisfaction average from 6.2 to 8.7. Get started with the Product Feedback survey.
Product research survey templates
- User testing survey: This template will help you determine the best questions to incorporate into your user testing process. You’ll understand how your product works, learn if users can complete the actions you want, or spot usability issues and bugs.
- Demographics survey: This template to give you the low down about your target audience. You’ll learn what your target audience does for a living, how much they make, the industry they work in, and how big their company is.
- Market research survey: This template will help you understand exactly who your buyers are and what they want. You’ll learn the challenges your product solves, your audiences’ existing tech stack, the features they value, and pain points they have.
- User persona survey: Using this template you’ll get a clear idea of who your user personas are, so you can improve the experience for them. You’ll learn what their main goal is, the barriers they face, and how they use your product today.
Churn and abandonment survey templates
- Customer retention survey: Send this survey to customers who have stopped and you’ll learn why customers decided to leave, the percentage of customers who’d consider coming back, how satisfied ex-customers were, and more.
- Exit intent survey: This template will help you find why customers are abandoning your site. You’ll learn why they decided to leave, what made them stick around, if they had all the information they needed, and more.
- Churn survey: This template will help you find out why your customers are leaving. You’ll learn the reasons they churned, whether their product experience was good or bad, what made them unhappy, and how your product could be improved.
Customer satisfaction and NPS templates
- Customer effort core survey: This template will help you quantifiably judge the amount of effort a customer had to exert to use your product or service. You’ll learn your Customer Effort Score, get suggestions on how to reduce effort, and more.
- Customer satisfaction (CSAT) / NPS® survey template: This template will help you discover if your customers are satisfied. You’ll learn the challenges your product must solve, your audiences’ tech stack, features they value, and pain points they have.
Check out our survey template directory for our full range of templates, and if you can’t find the template you’re looking for, send in your requests here. Or, if you’ve got a tried and tested template that never fails you, why not send it to us and feature in our directory.