Making a business case for Hotjar
Then, you have to be able to justify the decisions you make: how does each change to your product help your users? And align with organizational-level goals: how do product improvements affect business?
Why Product Managers need Hotjar
Understand which areas of your product to focus on
Understand why users are taking certain actions
Identify behavior trends across different segments
Add multiple workflow insights with one single tool
Achieve a more nuanced understanding of variant performance
Ensure you work proactively, as well as reactively
Improve your ability to get organizational-level buy-in
Identify improvements across specific layout elements
Collaborate more effectively with your team
Why your boss should care
Understanding how Hotjar will help is just the first step. Now you need to convince your manager Hotjar is the right solution for your team.
Here are five key points to share with your manager about how Hotjar helps at the highest level:
- Allocate company resources more effectively (time and budget)
- Improve communication across your team and up to the executive level, through better product workflow management
- Encourage collaboration across different disciplines
- Design goals that fit your product most effectively
- Trial a new tool without risk (Hotjar is currently running a risk-free trial offer that doesn’t require a credit card. We also have a ‘free forever’ option.)
Ready to get buy-in? Here’s a handy email template
👇👇👇 Use this email template to sell Hotjar to your manager 👇👇👇
I’ve identified Hotjar as a tool to help us become more profitable at [company name].
Hotjar will help us focus resources and budgets in the right areas, and we can try it risk-free on a trial offer without providing a credit card.
In my role as Product Manager, I understand how vital it is to prioritize in the most effective and efficient way. Hotjar will help me to do this more effectively than I’m able to do right now with my current tech stack.
In business terms, Hotjar will help [company name]:
● Gain much deeper insights into why users make certain decisions
● Optimize tests more efficiently and build better features
● Delight our customers and reduce churn
● Encourage increased LTV through better focus
Thanks for taking the time to consider my request. I’m encouraged by the potential for Hotjar within our company and the benefits it could bring us. I look forward to your feedback!
[Insert closing wording/signature]