Discover every issue
users encounter with Hotjar
Spot issues and prioritize what to fix
1. Bugs that you never expected to see
Some bugs must be seen to be believed.
See the users’ experience live to understand the problem and prioritize a fix.
Hotjar gives me empathy for the user. I can see their experience and see how frustrating it can be.
2. Benchmark pages side-by-side to spot pain points
Compare average feedback scores on every page and discover the most problematic parts of the user experience.
When I narrow down the issue I can go into Hotjar and look at the Recordings to understand the point of friction.
3. Hear from users right before they leave
With exit-intent surveys, you can hear from users who ditch your product.
Learn what’s missing and what users need.
I ask a simple open-ended question to users who came to my page and through those responses can form a word cloud to analyze their feedback.
Learn the common issues your users face
Without Hotjar ❌
Fail to notice when users get stuck
Struggle to prioritize the most important bugs
No clue why users leave or what they need
With Hotjar ✅
Watch recordings of users when they encounter a problem
Benchmark pages to find the top pain points
Hear what users need right before they leave
Over 126,500 professionals spot bugs using Hotjar
1. StudentCrowd found that on mobile the CTA wasn’t visible. In one change they grew conversion by 55%.
We simply would not have been able to identify all of these problem without Hotjar.
2. Audiense noticed that conversions had flat-lined. Data didn’t reveal why, but Hotjar showed the password validator was broken.
We discovered that the feature was broken, so we fixed it and conversions went back up immediately.
Hotjar helps us empathize with our users. It reminds us that there are real human beings on the other end.
3. Wlydsson found an issue where a user’s checkout cart would empty upon reaching the checkout. This one fix grew sales by 30%.
Before Hotjar it was very frustrating. The new store wasn't delivering. We couldn't have fixed it so quickly without Hotjar.